Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Finally, Our Fabulous Honeymoon In California’s Wine Valley




A few more months, and I get to be a doting wife to my handsome prince. We’ve planned a simple, romantic wedding in June with just our closest friends and family in attendance. We want it to be intimate as much as possible, so no elaborate wedding rituals for us. My fiancé don’t know about this yet, but I’m planning out our honeymoon somewhat different from what we talked about. So, keep your lips sealed if you’re someone we know.

The idea for this honeymoon was something that came to me just last month. I was shopping at this wholesale clothing store for winter clothes and shoes when suddenly a thought came to me. It’ll practically be summer when we’ll get married and the skimpy garments that caught my attention in the store will be perfect for our first night together. So, I secretly bought these sexy outfits and booked a weeklong trip to California’s Wine Valley. I actually have this secret passion for wines, so I’m sure my fiancée won’t have anything against this sudden change in our plans.

I know a play perfect for us to stay—my aunt’s vineyard. When I was still a kid, I used to spend my summers there picking grapes and running around the vineyard like a wild kid. I love the misty air in the vineyard in the morning; there’s something so romantic and mysterious about it. My grandpa and I used to pretend like we’re having a romantic dinner by the vineyard, and we’ll end up laughing all throughout dinner sharing silly stories, but mostly it’s grandpa who tells the stories and I’m just his avid listener.

But when he died, I stopped going there. It was just too sad and too painful for me to go back. I see him in almost everything in that vineyard. My aunt now runs the vineyard, and last I heard she has a wholesale clothing store nearby as well. She had actually invited me a lot of times to visit her. I guess this is the best time to finally accept that invitation.

I don’t know, but now that I have arranged our honeymoon there, I’m feeling a bit anxious. It has been 20 long years since I’ve been there. I’ll be like coming home for me. But I’m trying to shake off that anxiety until our wedding.

And come to think of it, this will be a great opportunity for me to share a part of myself and my family to my future husband. Who knows, maybe he’ll like it there and we’ll start our own wine business there. But that’s thinking too far ahead. There’s still a lot to arrange before the ‘big day’. I’ll leave the honeymoon-slash-wine-business concern for later.

Can’t wait for June!