Monday, December 14, 2009

“After 7 Years – You’re Back!”




It happened in 1995, when my pet dog cuffy disappeared from rainforest of Australia. I thought he’s gone together with the thick snow at that time. After a long run, cuffy my dog was found 1,200 miles from where he was lost. For about 7 years it’s hard to believe that he’s still alive without stable supply of food. ---- A miracle!

It was a winter morning of July, the snow is thick and the wind is so cold. It thought it was the coldest winter I’ve ever encountered.
I and my pet dog have decided to go out to have fun. With my home-made cart, I drive through the snowy roads going to the forest. In my surprised, cuffy disappeared and I don’t know where to find him. I ask my father to help me in searching my one and only pet.

Cuffy is my best friend. He’s a dog gave by Uncle Sammy who’s now the owner of the famous wholesale clothing outlet downtown. I call him cuffy because of the brown spots in his body. And for me, that cute spots are his assets…

Since I was five years old, he’s already my playmate. He’s a smart pet and he follows everything I want him to do. One time, a car supposed o hit him. But thank God, I was only little damage.

I have no playmates at home because my brother are studying in Sydney while I am based in San Francisco California together with my dad. And besides, my house is far from other houses.

My life is full of boredom and fear – fear to lose my pet…but in an unexpected moment, he’s gone! I’m alone and there’s no one can replace my best friend cuffy.

I remembered those days. His favorite place was on the tree house situated in our backyard. We played hide and sick and I am always the loser. He’s a good hider and now he’s finally gone for almost 3 years. I missed him so much. I can’t leave without my best friend and my pet at the same time.

One day, the cruelty to animals was investigating and found a white mutt in the forest. In contrast with my idea, my uncle has immediately left his wholesale clothing store downtown and went at home. In my surprise, cuffy was in my uncle’s hand.

I thought he’s smiling at me and I am very thankful he’s back! For almost 7 years, he’s with me again. I thought I’ll never see him…

I was just wondering if how he can he survive for seven years without a stable source of food. It’s really hard to believe in this inspiring true story of mine….

But I believe that the only way that keeps cuffy alive is my faith that he is……